Friday, January 20, 2012

" The Kala "

 This is Charlie Loiselle's latest board the "Kala"

 " Bookmatched redwood top and a lauan bottom (ripped and alternated at the stringer and glassed on both faces). All in all I still prefer a properly planked bottom but the lauan is quick and easy to work with, and looks good. I went with a bonzer fin setup with an FCS trailer rather than the regular large single fin – I intend to surf this one as a slippery twin as well as the bonzer setup.  The smaller side fins are glassed on and made of meranti marine plywood."

 "Artwork is a Kala I shot a while back (hence the name) and printed up myself. I wanted to see how the heavy rice paper would glass, and it came out nice. The blue highlights cover the deck-rail joint, which due to the heavy dome of the deck came out uneven. The lizard on the bottom was heat-transferred directly on to the wood."

" Rails are strip-planked with alternating white fir and mahogany. The leash plug is stacked ply, cut and worked by hand with a stainless bolt as the anchor."   Check out other shots at :
http://islanddreamssurf.blogspot.com/2012/01/kala-ii-electric-bugaloo.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to voice my gratitude for your kind-heartedness giving support to persons that really need guidance on this one niche. Your real dedication to passing the solution throughout had become certainly functional and have in most cases helped guys and women just like me to reach their pursuits. Your own useful information implies a lot to me and additionally to my colleagues. Best wishes; from all of us.
Cat Tree, Beige