Friday, March 11, 2011

John Purnell's new project...

"I've used 12 paulownia lengths this time as I found I can get easier access when chambering & less waste, cons - more gluing up ."

" I used Purbond instead of epoxie as its much more user friendly (only time will tell if this was right decision) ."

Close up of the chambering


"It has a bees wax/gum oil finish, keeping in with the whole "Green Board" thing. I noticed a small ding/dint in one rail one day (as the wax doesn't have that hard finish) but continued to surf, then a few days later noticed it had self repaired."

" I used the pro box fin system so I can utilise glass fins (I find timber fins can be a little stiff & I wanted a little bit more flex performance).
Finished weight without fins is 5.1kg, also I am using board wax as its just that more forgiving & easier to surf than using no wax."

Hope you enjoy the shots
cheers John....
John you certainly built a beautiful board and have created a great looking quiver.

No comments: