Monday, September 28, 2009

Frank has finished his board

Frank Kaczmarek snapped his favourite foam board so he set about building his first wooden board by slicing up his foam one to get the templates to build the wooden one.You can see his project in a couple of earlier posts. Frank also brought his unfinished board to the wooden board day. It created a lot of interest as people were very interested in the frames and what was happening inside.
" Well, The board is finished (at last) . I ended up doing all the glassing and final polishing myself, and while not as good as a professional job I'm glad that I did everything myself.
I've had a couple of surfs on it at the sandpumping jetty on The Spit on Sunday and Monday mornings. It takes a bit of getting used to and is of course heavier than my former fibreglass board it was modelled on.
I'm pleased with the result and will be surfing it regularly. I'm getting a lot of interest and questions from other surfers who want to know about the construction and what sort of timber was used. Now comes the task of tidying up the garage so my wife can put her car in there again.
Thank you for your help and advice and I look forward to seeing you at the next wooden board gathering if not sooner somewhere in the surf. "



No comments: